Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Landlords dog bit my son?

We rent a house where our landlords live at the front of the property, we live at the back. They have 2 dogs and refused to let us own a dog. The older of the dogs has snapped at myself and my husband before, but my son walks by their house every day to go to school and back and never had a problem. The other day the dogs came back to our area and the older one bit my son while he was sitting on his bike. It was not a gentle snap but a bite that imprinted most of his teeth and broke the skin in one area. I think my son was more upset than actually hurt. We called the landlord and explained what happened, he seemed very upset by it, we did explain we weren't going to be 'litigious' about it we just wanted him to be aware it had happened and maybe talk to our son about it. A few days later he came back to our place and told our son the older dog was just jelous because he was petting the other dog more than him, he almost made it seem like it was our son's fault.

0 comments:

Post a Comment